What the heck is a BANDLE, you say!?... They're in my opinion the best creation yet, in this summers footwear trend. Bandles are a cross between a sandle and a boot; they first appeared in the fall of 2009 and have gradually gained popularity for their versatility_ they can be worn throughout the spring and winter and they apparently have an appeal over men when worn...
♥SS11 Designer Pair By: Nicholas Kirkwood
In early 2009, I discovered my first pair of strappy "Bandles" in a boutique on the east coast. At the time, i didnt know they were bandles but i knew i absolutely LOVED! them. I got so many compliments when i wore them and when i moved to the west coast it seems as though they became popular there the following year.
1) Lace-up Tassel Wedge: Barefeet shoes $79.99
2) Grey laser cut lace-up by: Naughty Monkey: Zappos.com $72.24
3) Cream Gladiator w cut-outs by: Vince Camuto: O.com $88
4) Tan T-strap by: Naughty Monkey: Zappos.com $67.99
You can see why the Bandle has some sex appeal... while the design variations have evolved until now, most designs are open toed and have peek-a-boo cut-outs or caged styles, strappy designs with straps that travel up the ankle, and t-strap styles with zipper closures along the front or back. Whether the style is high-heeled, wedged, platformed, or even flat_ they all are guaranteed to add a bit of sassiness to your step.
1) White Starla by: Black Rooster: Zappos.com $99
2) Jesalyn by: BCBGeneration: bcbg.com $110
3) Gali Wedge: Zappos.com $69.99
4) Brown peeptoe wedge by: DV Dolce Vita: Zappos.com $78.20
Peace, Luv♥, & Prosperity